|Radiant floor heating is the best form of space
- It produces the best temperature profile in a room, warm at the floor,
cooler near the ceiling.
- It can use the lowest temperature heating medium, which maximizes
- Room thermostats are often set lower when radiant floor heating is
used, creating more savings
- Dirty or dusty air is not blown throughout the house. Dust
settles preventing it from being breathed, improving indoor air quality
- It is ideal for the use of solar water heating systems, free heat from
|For existing buildings, there are other methods for
installing radiant floors, walls, and ceilings; maximizing the efficient
heating of your building.
A plywood panel grooved to receive PEX tubing, and with an aluminum metal
layer for heat distribution can be used to install radiant floor heating in
new or retrofit installations.
Gypsum cement panels act as a large mass, radiating heat from red PEX
tubing. The finished flooring mounts directly on top of these gypsum
View of gypsum cement panel upside down, with red plastic PEX tubing
snapped into groove.
laminate flooring installs on top of the radiant gypsum concrete panels,
giving warm, even heat to the room.
|To find out more, call Pioneer Systems.
do a heat balance for your building, estimate the available solar energy,
and show you a computer simulation of the different alternative fuels and
systems for heating your building, and how that will change over the next 30